Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Organise team members to ensure production plans are achieved right first time and on time in full
- Drives and participates in continuous improvement projects in own area and cross functionally. Has experience of continuous improvement activities.
- Optimises process performance and introduces efficiency improvements
- Monitor and manage team members' adherence to Company and H&S procedures
- Ensures that appropriate quality disciplines are being adhered to at all times
- Provide daily feedback through reports to the Manager regarding output, team members performance, conduct or capabilities
- Monitor quality of products in line with the company quality procedures
- Identify and organise team and individual team member training needs
- Manage team absence and conduct “Return to work interviews”
- Manages holidays and ensures appropriate cover is in place
- Carry out appraisals (PDRs)
- Must be prepared to train and take on the role of First Aider
- Ensures all areas under their leadership are kept and maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and organisation in adherence with standard work and operating procedures.
Essential Personal attributes & Skills:
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- Leads by example through personal actions and behaviours
- Positive attitude towards change
- Continuous Improvement experience & skills with experience of CI activities
- Sets high standards
- Proven ability to meet targets and KPIs.
- Committed, self-motivated, can-do attitude.
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Effective motivator of team members
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Able to direct and allocate tasks to team members
- First Aid qualification or willing to complete the required training
Whilst the role is expected initially to work a day shift, the successful applicant must be willing and able to work varying rotating shifts between the hours of 6 am and midnight to accommodate covering other departments or where business needs determine the need to move to different working patterns.
Applicants should submit an up to date CV and covering letter explaining what they would bring to the role as soon as possible. As part of the interview and selection process, candidates will be required to give a short presentation.