As part of a small team, the Sales Team Secretary provides an efficient, comprehensive, secretarial and administrative service to a large team (currently 20) of field-based sales managers (both Retail and Contract). This is very much a customer (internal and external) facing role and so the successful individual must be well presented. The Sales Team Secretary will often be the intermediary, providing a highly effective internal communication service for the Sales Team. The role reports to the PA to CEO/Office Manager, and provides cover within their own team and Reception for absence/holidays etc.
Key responsibilities of the role include:-
- Monitoring and management of the Secretarial email box.
- Draft and/or type emails, letters, reports and general correspondence.
- Organise the printing, approval and entering onto the SAP system of displays, samples and additions.
- Arrange factory visits and ensure factory visit log is kept up to date. Prepare invitation/confirmation letters, agendas, book meeting rooms, catering, hotels, travel etc
- Arrange overnight accommodation and travel (rail, flights, car hire, chauffeurs and ferries) for UK and overseas travel, including itineraries.
- Assist with internal and external meetings, booking and preparing meeting rooms, setting up equipment and organising refreshments.
- Create and input purchase orders on the SAP purchase order processing system.
- Assist with catering for visitors and large corporate events.
- Update display, sample door, handle board forms as and when new product is introduced / discontinued.
- Prepare monthly sales by range figures for distribution to key retailers.
- Collate reports for external meetings, i.e. sales by range, sales figures, literature packs etc.
- Organise information for monthly Board Reports for inclusion in the Retail Sales & Marketing Director’s Report.
- Create reports/spreadsheets for the Head of Retail Sales as and when required.
- Create, update and amend PowerPoint presentations.
- Organise retailer days, ie product launches, forums, training days etc.
- Collect and drop off visitors to station/airports/hotels by company car.
- Prepare new starter packs and materials for new Area Sales Managers, organises stationery, mobile phones, laptop, accommodation, etc
- Produce mail-outs for prospective Retail and Contract customers.
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Proven secretarial experience supporting a team, preferably with a secretarial qualification
- Accurate, trained touch typist, with good attention to detail and preferably holds RSA III Typing or Word processing
- Firm grasp of Microsoft Office suite at intermediate level or above, particularly in the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good general education, including GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grade C/4 or above
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner and must be articulate and diplomatic
- Exceptional organisational skills of self and others, able to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent judgement and proven ability to act on own initiative with ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Flexible, calm under pressure and a good team player
- Full driving licence holder and be willing to drive company cars
Applicants should submit an up to date CV and covering letter explaining what they would bring to the role to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.