The role will include, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- The decommissioning, installation, testing, evaluation, modifying and re-testing of machinery and equipment
- Ensuring all projects meet electrical and safety regulations
- Assisting in planning, recording and carrying out of preventative maintenance
- Keeps equipment operational following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Ability to design solutions and improvements - develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment
- The maintenance and repair of site services equipment
- Responding to breakdowns to ensure minimal disruption to production
- Regular inspections of machines and equipment
- Input of data into the computerised maintenance management system
- Carry out general building maintenance activities
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Assisting with health and safety requirements, such as conducting inspections, carrying out fire alarm testing, record keeping etc.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Successful completion of a full electrical or multi-skilled apprenticeship and/or attainment of an appropriate electrical or multi skilled engineering qualification ie BTEC ONC/OND or above.
- Experience of working on modern wood working machinery
- Experience of working on modern CNC equipment and fault finding
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Good communication skills and be capable of working alone and as part of a team
- Basic mechanical skills and understanding, with an understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and fault finding
- Good analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Self motivated and able to use own initiative
- Good understanding of health and safety
Must be prepared to work outside of normal working hours up to midnight and at weekends in order to allow repair or maintenance work to be carried out. Must be prepared to be called out on a rotation basis and must be able to travel to site at any time. Must be willing to attend training courses as required, which may be abroad.