We are currently looking for two Machine Operators to join our Paint Shop Team, to safely conduct manufacturing duties operating the MITO and/or IBOTIC paint machines to satisfactory standards of workmanship and at defined levels of output
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of pre-primed and foil substrates.
- Mixing paint (Water Based & AC).
- Operating and taking responsibility for the daily running of a production line, including:
- Changing over the line in a timely and safe manner
Following the SOP to ensure the very best quality is maintained
Mixing paint, viscosity, and temperature checks, and ensuring its ready to run when needed
Ensuring the flow of product is constant and in the correct order in accordance with the line schedule
Carry out quality checks on primed and painted doors
- Cleaning of equipment.
- Assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of spray booth enclosure and equipment.
- Materials handling and stock control, liaising with the stock control department.
- Maintaining control of all products both in and out of the area working to the schedule and performing all production recording.
- Maintaining consistent satisfactory levels of housekeeping in the paint shop and other operational areas.
- Conforming to all health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Operating to satisfactory levels of workmanship, quality, accuracy, and attention to detail at all times.
- Working at an acceptable rate and conform to works rules.
- Generate, agree, and implement new initiatives that result in continuous improvements.
- Help to train colleagues.
- To satisfactorily undertake, when required, a range of general production duties including loading and unloading machines, packing either individually or on a packing line, picking and assembly of panels required to produce units.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of a working with and operating machines, ideally paint spray machines (Cefla), and wood prep machines (Sorbini & COSTA).
- Experience of a working with both water based and AC paints, ideally on wood, MDF and foil sub straights.
- Ability to set and/or programme machines, including CNC machinery, to consistently produce work to specifications and targets.
- Basic literacy and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues, particularly in relation to wood working/processing machinery and COSHH.
- Able to undertake physically demanding tasks, eg manual handling, standing for long periods.
- Able to get on with people.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Able to receive and follow instructions.
- Basic computer literacy, ideally with previous experience of using SAP.
Candidates must be able to work shift patterns and be willing to undertake overtime from time to time.
For the right individuals, we are offering:
- Shift allowance
- Annual Leave: 32 Days incl. Bank Holidays & Christmas Shutdown
- Life insurance
- Pension including 4.5% employer contribution
- Attractive Staff Kitchen Discounts
To apply, please email your CV together with covering letter to the email address contained within the contact section.