You will be field based and will be ideally located to cover developments in and around the North West and North Yorkshire areas and with occasional travel nationally. Only applicants with the relevant kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom experience in the contracts sector will be considered.
THE ROLE is responsible for controlling and managing all aspects of kitchen installations on our developer’s live sites and includes:
- Ensuring all Contract Managers and special projects operate fully within the agreed budget for all aspects.
- Maintain department KPI’s, Dashboard, developing trend analysis to assist in the reduction of non-profitable works.
- Assist in the tendering process and the practical achievement of install margins, budget tracker and costs per installation.
- Supporting the Operational team of Contract Managers to deliver operational services across sites, in line with KPI’s and targets
- Identifying ways to effectively mitigate business risk on site.
- Dealing with escalated contract negotiations at site level including (but not limited to) disputing of contra charges and liquidated damages.
- Responsible for operational delivery against the approved forecast, performance measures and to budget.
- To communicate with, motivate and effectively manage the performance of Contract Managers to ensure successful service delivery.
- Attend pre-start meetings with Sales Managers and Installation contractors to present and agree our systems and procedures to the site manager/developer
- Assist in producing and issuing to developers and fitting teams site specific H&S, COSHH and risk assessment documents;
- Undertake pre order/delivery site surveys including checking service positions, delivery access and confirming plot(s) are ready for installation/delivery
- Responsible for driving down shipped not billed – getting sign off correct 1st
time into the business
- Completion of the Live Site Log on a weekly and monthly basis
- Liaising with site, developers and installation companies at all levels including company directors to ensure projects commence and complete on time and to budget.
- Liaise with Installers, Customer Services, Production Planning, and Dispatch to achieve contract timetable
- Adhere to internal systems and procedures plus control of documentation to monitor projects from enquiry through to completion on site.
- Ensure that the fitters have support on site from Omega, including the delivery/installation of minor remedial items to help reduce the remedial fit costs
- Support the ASM in visiting the site sales offices to offer support to the sales staff on product samples, training and literature as required
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required
THE APPLICANTS for the role must have a proven track record of achievement in managing and or the coordination of kitchen installations or a similar technical construction vocation. You will have a sound knowledge and practical appreciation of the design and fitting of kitchens including understanding CAD plans, measuring, installation, site procedures and requirements. You must be confident, assertive and possess the ability to assess a situation and react swiftly to resolve issues efficiently and in the most cost effective manner to the business. In addition you must have a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and be able to use mobile platforms to access our customer relationship management system. Candidates must have working knowledge of current HSE regulations and have previous experience of firm commercial and Site Management practice... Be able to motivate and guide a team of well served fitters and Contract Managers that have a wealth of technical and industry knowledge.
Demonstrate sound commercial judgement to achieve all department KPI’s
A full driving licence without excessive points is required as the role requires extensive travelling within your own area and will also require national travel and overnight stays on occasions.
ON OFFER is an attractive basic salary plus an excellent benefits package, including a fully expensed company car, bonus scheme, pension scheme, life assurance, PHI cover and staff discounts.
TO APPLY please email your CV together with details of your most recent salary package to the HR Department to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.