Our General Operatives may initially be allocated to a particular department but they are expected to be able to move tasks or to move to other departments as necessary and so may be expected to carry out a full range of duties to meet the needs of the business. This may also involve a change in shift pattern.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To correctly record details of activities performed including quality, stock control and production control information.
- To work alongside machinists loading and unloading machines whilst constantly checking for substandard materials and panel faults.
- Work on a packing line either individually or in rotation with other team members.
- To pick the correct size and colour panels in the correct order and stack them safely onto a picking barrow whilst making sure no parts are defective or missing.
- To be responsible for various aspects of the assembly process and cleaning of units whilst ensuring quality standards are met at all times.
- Preparing pieces of furniture in readiness for painting either by hand, or on the paint lines whilst ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Flexibility, we may require a change in shift pattern or overtime at short notice, to meet the needs of the business
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- A can-do attitude
- Good teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work on your own
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to follow instruction
- Able to perform manual handling tasks for a sustained period of time
Monday – Friday 06:00am – 14:00pm 14:00pm – 22:00pm
Monday – Thursday 07:30am – 16:00pm Friday 07:30am – 13:30pm
Hourly Rates: £11.00 ph
Annual Leave: 32 Days incl. Bank Holidays & Christmas Shutdown
Pension including 4.5% employer contribution
Attractive Staff Kitchen Discounts