We are looking for an experienced General Operative to work in the rigid Assembly team, preferably with previous assembly experience. The successful candidate will pay particular attention to the quality of the product being assembled, and be used to working in a fast paced, right first time environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for correctly recording details of activities performed including quality, stock control and production control information and satisfactorily undertaking a range of production duties primarily including the preparation, assembly and cleaning of Rigid units whilst ensuring that all components adhere to the required Quality Standards. Operatives must ensure fascias are aligned correctly and have equal gaps around them and place quality control stickers to the back of each unit ensuring the order number and unique inspector number is filled in on each quality control sticker. The unit should then be wrapped to an acceptable standard and scanned on the SAP system.
Other duties include:
- General Labouring and Cleaning including, but not limited to, sweeping, general tidying duties, stacking and de-stacking panels or materials, 5S duties and painting machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining consistently satisfactory levels of housekeeping.
- Conforming to all safety standards at all times and cooperate with management on safety matters.
- Operating to satisfactory levels of workmanship, accuracy and attention to detail at all times.
- Working at an acceptable rate and conforming to works rules.
- Generating, agreeing & implementing new initiatives that result in continuous improvements.
- Helping to train colleagues.
- Attending and actively participating in relevant training activities deemed necessary.
Post Holders may also be required to work in the following areas of the factory to cover for holidays and sickness including working in the Paint Shop, Machine Shop, Packing or Picking. Please see job specification for further details
07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 – 13:30 Friday
Possible Alternating Shift Pattern 6am - 2pm, 2pm to midnight (when required)
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org